DID YOU KNOW?
The average American consumes 90 pounds of chicken, 17 pounds of turkey, and, 20 dozen eggs per year. Americans eat chicken more than any other meat.
N.C. POULTRY PRODUCTION OPERATIONS
National Chicken Council
North Carolina Department of Agriculture
NC State Extension
International Poultry Expo and International Feed Expo
NC State University College of Engineering Industrial Extension Division
National Turkey Federation
NCSU Prestage Poultry Science Department
NC Agricultural Statistics
- The Poultry Industry's Economic Impact for NC is $37.28 Billion
- The Poultry Industry creates over 146,125 Jobs for North Carolinians
- Poultry is the #1 Agricultural Industry in North Carolina
- North Carolina is ranked #2 Nationally in Total Turkey Production
- North Carolina is ranked #3 Nationally in Total Poultry Production
- NC Poultry makes up 41.8% of North Carolina's Total Farm Income
- Over 5,700 Farm Families produce Poultry & Eggs in North Carolina.
- North Carolina Poultry Economic Impact Report (Click to view).
Other Important Links:
www.chickencheck.in/ focuses on poultry production: A Day in the Life, Farm to Table, F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions), and Safety and Handling Tips.
www.ChickenRoost.com focuses on the poultry product International Production and Processing Expo (www.ippexpo.org/)
National Chicken Council (www.eatchicken.com)
National Turkey Federation (www.eatturkey.com)
U.S. Poultry & Egg Association (www.uspoultry.org)
View economic data across the poultry industry by company type, consumption, export volume and production on USPOULTRY's
Economic Data page.